Services and Information
2. WE ARE NOT LAWYERS. WE WILL NOT GIVE YOU LEGAL ADVICE. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU CONSULT A LICENSED LAWYER FOR LEGAL ADVICE.
3. While we do our best to obtain the most recently updated information, we cannot guarantee that the latest information has been provided to us. All search results are provided to us by Federal and/or Provincial governments. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that search results are correct. We only act as transmitters of information. Lien-Pro, its contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors and affiliates, are neither responsible nor liable in any way for correctness of search results.
4. No fees paid to the governments, or to any agencies accepting money on behalf of the governments, can be refunded under any circumstances. If an error is made on the part of Lien-Pro, we will make all reasonable efforts to cure the problem, and to amend any necessary documentation. Alternatively, we will refund the fees paid to Lien-Pro. The choice between these two remedies, as to which one is most appropriate for the situation, will be made at the sole discretion of Lien-Pro.
5. An order is placed at the time it is submitted to Lien-Pro via the Internet, telephone, facsimile or mail. Your order may not be modified after it is submitted, except upon prior authorization by Lien-Pro. After you receive this prior authorization, a modification to the order is valid only after Lien-Pro receives a signed, written request from you, via facsimile. No refunds are available after we process your order.
Professional Advice & Representation
6. When using our service, you will be acting as your own lawyer. Lien-Pro completes the information on the required forms, based on the information that you have provided to us. By providing you with the service, neither Lien-Pro nor its advisors, agents, employees, or representatives, are providing any legal or professional advice or service. Additionally, Lien-Pro makes no representations, express or implied, as to the possible legal or other consequences arising from the use of our forms or services. All documentation provided are sample sets that may not be suitable to your particular situation. Lien-Pro, its advisors, agents, employees, and representatives, strongly recommend that you consult with a lawyer who has a license to practice law in your jurisdiction.
7. Lien-Pro cannot provide you with legal advice. Although Lien-Pro makes great effort to respect the confidentiality of the information you submit to us, there is NO SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP or privilege between Lien-Pro and its clients. NO SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP or privilege exists between Lien-Pro and you, including but not limited to any solicitor-client relationship that might exist had you consulted with a licensed lawyer.
8. As with all important business matters, Lien-Pro, its advisors, agents, employees, and representatives, strongly recommend that you consult with a lawyer who has a license to practice law in your jurisdiction.
Fees and Payments
9. For any services that you have selected, you agree to pay us the applicable fees. All fees payable under this heading are non-refundable unless we provide otherwise .
10. To allow us to provide you with our services, you agree to provide certain accurate, complete, and current information about you, as required, and also to maintain and update this information as needed for our use.
Changes to this Agreement
11. You agree, during the period of this Agreement, that we may: modify the terms and conditions of the Agreement, and also that we may change the services offered under it. You also agree to periodically review our web site, including this Agreement within it, to keep informed of any such changes. You furthermore agree that, if you continue to use our services after you find out about any revisions to this Agreement, you will abide by any such revisions.
Limitation of Liability
12. You agree that our entire liability, and your only recourse, with respect to any services provided under this Agreement, or to any breach of this Agreement is solely limited to the amount you paid for such services. We and our contractors shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from the use or inability to use any of our services, or for the cost of arranging substitute services. We disclaim any and all loss or liability resulting from, the following: 1 delays or interruptions in access; 2 faulty delivery or non-delivery of data; 3 acts of God; 4 errors, omissions, or misstatements in any information or services provided under this Agreement; 5 interruption of your web site or email service. THE LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY ARE BY NO MEANS LIMITED TO THE FOREGOING CONDITIONS. You also agree that we will not be liable for any interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind including lost profits, regardless of the form of action. This applies to damages in contract, tort including negligence, or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall our maximum liability exceed five hundred Canadian dollars.
13. You agree to hold us, our agents, contractors, employees, officers, directors and affiliates innocent from all liabilities, claims and expenses. You agree to indemnify us, and to release us completely from these obligations. These obligations include lawyer’s fees, and the fees or expenses of third parties, as they relate to or arise under this Agreement, the services provided under it, or your use of those services. Without any limitation, we are also indemnified from any infringement by you of any intellectual property, or of any other proprietary right of any person or entity. We are also completely indemnified from the violation of any of our operating rules or policies, relating to the services provided. If Lien-Pro is threatened with suit by a third party, we may seek written assurances from you concerning your promise to indemnify us. Your failure to provide those assurances may be considered by us to be a breach of your Agreement.
14. You agree that failure to abide by any provision of this Agreement, or any operating rule or policy provided by us, may be considered by us to be a material breach, We may then provide a written notice, describing the breach, to you. If, within thirty 30 calendar days of the date of such notice, you fail to reasonably satisfy us with evidence that you have not breached your obligations under the Agreement, then we may cancel services provided to you without further notice. Any such breach by you will not be excused simply because we did not act earlier in response to that, or any other breach by you.
Disclaimer of Guarantees
15. You agree and will guarantee that the Information that you provide to us for services is, to the best of your knowledge and belief, accurate and complete, and that any future changes to this Information will be provided to us in a timely manner according to the modification procedures in place at that time. You agree that your use of our services is solely at your own risk. You agree that such services are provided on an "as is," "as available" basis. Lien-Pro expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. These include, but are not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no guarantee that the services will meet your requirements, nor any guarantee that the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free. We do not make any guarantee as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the services. Nor do we guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information.
16 REVOCATION: You agree that Lien-Pro may cancel services to you if the information you provided, or subsequently modified, contains false or misleading information, or if it omits or hides information that we would probably consider relevant to our decision as to whether or not to provide services to you.
17. RIGHT OF REFUSAL: Lien-Pro, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse to provide services. If we do not provide services to you, we agree to refund your applicable fees. You agree that we will not be held liable to you for losses or damages that may result from our refusal to provide you with services.
18. SEVERABILITY: You agree that the terms of this agreement are severable. If any term or provision is declared invalid or unenforceable, that term or provision will be construed consistent with applicable law, to reflect as closely as possible the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
19. NON-WAIVER: If we, at any time, do not require performance by you of any provision in this agreement, it will have no effect whatsoever on our full right to require such performance at any time thereafter. Further, the waiver, by us, of any breach of any provision of this agreement should not be considered a waiver of the provision itself.
20. ENTIRETY: You agree that this Agreement, and the rules and policies published by us, are the complete and exclusive agreement between you and Lien-Pro, regarding our services. This Agreement overrides any previous agreements or understandings. This is true regardless of whether those understandings take the form of established custom, policy, practice, or precedent.
21. GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement is governed by the laws of the PROVINCE OF ALBERTA, and will be interpreted and enforced in accordance with those laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought to the ALBERTA PROVINCIAL COURTS, located in EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA. Acceptance of this Agreement also means irrevocable acceptance of the jurisdiction of those Provincial Courts.
22. HEADINGS: The headings in this Agreement are only for convenient reference, and they do not affect the construction or interpretation of this Agreement.